Since 2014 Head designer and main creative lead for Infantium Victoria, a baby and childrens garment brand, using only ecological / GOTS certified materials, and producing primarily in Europe. PETA Vegan Fashion Award for Best Design Piece Kids 2018
Since 2008 Guest lecturer at HEAD Geneva, follow up of collection development BA3. Input on sustainability and the relation body – garment.
2005 – 2019 D’andt – CEO ebvba d’andt (founded in 2005)
Company specialized in the making of patterns through moulage and draping, 4 people staff. Development of several collections (showpieces, small productions) for different international fashion designers.
2009 – 2016 Unicform – CEO ebvba Unicform (founded in 2009)
Company specialized in designing, developing and making sustainable corporate wear
Publications and research
Prière de toucher, Der Tastsinn der Kunst. pp 70-80 “What you think you feel when wearing clothes. Sensory experiences in a high tech fashion era.” Museum Tinguely publication.
Fashion Theory, Volume 18, Issue 4. pp 385-396 “Hidden treasures, Garments Used for Smuggling and for the Concealment of Valuables 1900 – 1960”. Bloomsbury Publishing.
Moulage and Drapage, Teaching manual, 76 pg, 2014, Ivoc/Irec publishing Belgium
Historical pattern research ‘Hidden Treasures’. Scope is clothes, used for smuggling, 1900-1950, from fashion and customs museums in Europe. 2009 – 2014. Results used to set up two exhibitions and a publication.
Teaching BA Courses and workshops
- Fashion and Sustainability, concept development, fashion theory, patternmaking.
- University Linz, Austria.
- La Cambre Mode(s) Brussels, Belgium.
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz, Hochschule für Gestaltung und Kunst, Institut Mode-Design. Basel, Switserland
- Design Department Düsseldorf, Germany.
- AMD Akademie Mode & Design GmbH,Berlin, Germany.
- Università IUAV di Venezia, Venice, Italy.
- Üniverstät für angewandte Kunst, Wien, Austria.
Certificates and diploma
- Master in Philosophy, specialized in Contemporary Art Philosophy, University Antwerp Thesis: “Art after Adorno” 2003 – 2005
- Diploma AILO, Academic Teachers Education, University Antwerp, 2004
Other Work experience
- Moulage and Draping education, and assistant of Hieron Pessers, 2002-2003 (2 years)
- Guide in ModeMuseum Antwerpen 2002 – 2005 (8 expositions)
- Educational assistant ModeMuseum Antwerpen 2003 – 2005 (6 expositions)
- Assistant, Jurgi Persoons, Antwerp Fashion designer. 1999-2001 (5 seasons)